Inspection and quarantine requirements and analysis tips for Spanish almonds exported to China
Announcement about the inspection and quarantine requirements for the import of Spanish almonds
GACC No. 38 of 2023
In accordance with the relevant laws and regulations of China and the regulations of the GACC and the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of the Kingdom of Spain on the inspection and quarantine requirements for the export of Spanish almonds to China, from now on, the import of Spanish almonds that meet the following relevant requirements is allowed:
1. Basis for inspection and quarantine
(1) Law of the People's Republic of China on the Quarantine of Animals and Plants Entering and Leaving the Country, Regulations for the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Quarantine of Animals and Plants Entering and Leaving the Country, Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China, Regulations for the Implementation of the Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China, Law of the People's Republic of China on Import and Export Commodity Inspection, and Regulations for the Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Import and Export Commodity Inspection.
(2) Measures of the People's Republic of China for the Administration of Import and Export Food Safety.
(3) Protocol between the GACC and the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food of the Kingdom of Spain on Inspection and Quarantine Requirements for the Export of Spanish almonds to China.
2. Import products are permitted
Spanish almond kernel refers to the fruit of the almond grown in Spain, Prunus dulcis (Mill.) D.A.Webb is a raw material for human consumption of nuts with skin or peel made by shelling, drying and selection in Spain.
3. The requirements of producers
Spanish almond producers are responsible for ensuring that their exports to China comply with China's food safety and phytosanitary laws and regulations, as well as China's national food safety standards. The production, processing and storage units of almonds exported to China shall be recommended by the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food and registered by the GACC.
4. Plant quarantine requirements
almonds exported from Spain to China shall not bear the following quarantine pests of concern to the Chinese side:Trogoderma versicolor (Creutzer), Trogoderma variabile Ballion, Trogoderma inclusum LeConte, Ectomyelois ceratoniae (zeller).
5. Production requirements
(1) Spanish almonds exported to China should use drying machinery such as ovens or dryers for high-temperature dehydration.
(2) The whole process of Spanish almonds exported to China from packaging, storage to transportation should meet the relevant safety and health requirements of China and Spain to prevent contamination by pathogenic microorganisms or toxic and harmful substances.
6. Food safety requirements
Spanish almonds exported to China should comply with China's relevant food safety laws and regulations and national food safety standards.
7. Packaging requirements
Spanish almonds exported to China should be packaged with clean, hygienic, breathable, new materials that meet food safety and phytosanitary requirements, and prevent spillage during transportation. Each package should be marked with "This product is exported to the People's Republic of China", as well as the origin of almonds, the name of the production and processing enterprise and its registration number in China, the name and address of the exporter and other Chinese or English traceability information. The above information can be affixed to the packaging in the form of a label.
8. Quarantine requirements for means of transport
Before shipment of Spanish almonds exported to China, the means of transport shall be inspected to meet the requirements of health and epidemic prevention, and shall not be mixed with quarantine pests or other restricted quarantine substances, such as weed seeds, live insects, plant residues, soil and other foreign impurities.
9. Requirements for phytosanitary certificates
The Spanish official shall issue a phytosanitary certificate for each batch of almonds that meet the requirements of the Protocol, and the name of the amygdala kernel production and processing enterprise, the registration number in China and "the almonds certified by the phytosanitary certificate shall comply with the provisions of the Protocol on Inspection and Quarantine Requirements for the Export of Spanish almonds to China signed by China and Spain in Beijing on March 31, 2023."The shipment did not contain quarantine pests of Chinese concern, such as Trogoderma granarium Everts, Trogoderma versicolor (Creutzer), Trogoderma variabile Ballion, Trogoderma inclusum LeConte, Ectomyelois ceratoniae (zeller) and other quarantine pests of Chinese concern. ”
Spanish almonds exported to China should come from enterprises registered with the GACC. The list of registered Spanish almond enterprises can be found through the website of the GACC.
This is hereby announced.
April 20, 2023
Analysis and Tips
1. Articles 3 and 10 of the Announcement require almond production enterprises to register with the GACC.
2. The food catalogue information system of countries or regions that meet the requirements of assessment and review and have traditional trade has not been updated with almonds, and there may be a lag in the update, and normal trade can be carried out according to the protocol and inspection and quarantine requirements, as shown below:
3. Almonds belong to nuts and seeds, should submit compliance information through the Cifer system, register in accordance with the compliance procedures, technical support can contact us.
4. The filing of Spanish exporters is very simple, and we are obliged to help enterprises obtain a filing number for free. click get support
5. Customs clearance information and tips are as follows:
Certificate of origin, packing list, invoice, trade contract, phytosanitary certificate, Chinese label (each package should be marked "This product is exported to the People's Republic of China"), overseas manufacturer's export registration number, overseas exporter's record number, Chinese importer's record number and other declaration elements and materials.
6. On-site inspection
Customs will carry out on-site inspection of imported nuts according to regulations, including but not limited to the following: (1) means of transport and storage places; (2) Whether the container number, seal identification number, the identification content on the inner and outer packaging, and the actual condition of the goods are consistent with the declaration information and accompanying documents; (3) Whether the food, packaging and bedding materials of animal and plant origin have the circumstances stipulated in Article 22 of the Regulations for the Implementation of the Law on the Quarantine of Animals and Plants Entering and Leaving the Country; (4) Whether the inner and outer packaging meets the national food safety standards; (5) Whether the labels, logos and instructions of the inner and outer packaging meet the requirements of relevant laws and regulations; (6) Sensory properties of food; (7) The freshness of frozen and refrigerated food, whether the core temperature meets the requirements, whether there are lesions, etc.
7. Determination of quarantine results
If the inspection and quarantine pass the inspection, the Customs will issue the "Inspection and Quarantine Certificate of Inbound Goods" to release it; If the inspection and quarantine are unqualified, the Customs shall issue a "Notice of Inspection and Quarantine Treatment", and the cargo owner or its agent shall eliminate the harm, return or destroy the goods under the supervision of the Customs, and shall be allowed to enter the country after passing the technical treatment.